Become a lifetime member of Public Herald, a nonprofit investigative news organization, and receive:
~ recognition on our Member-dedicated webpage
~ special thanks on our social media networks
~ invitation to our annual social, where members mix with staff and volunteers,
participate in a workshop or presentation, and enjoy live entertainment.
If we had our way, money wouldn’t be necessary. We’re willing to work for food, shelter, and a source of electricity, but utility companies don’t barter… yet. By taking the time to read and donate, our work is ensured to stay alive by your valuable contribution.
Donations are more than financial support… so many projects require countless hours of organizing and networking. Now, with instant access to global file sharing and information, the public, rather than advertisers, can help reporters finish important work. Helping to ‘Like’ projects on Facebook, sharing them on Twitter, or by signing up in a contact form for volunteer work, you’re helping to make a strong difference in the commitment to truth and creativity. Your time as a volunteer can be more valuable than money.
Thanks for your support of Public Herald and of the investigative journalism projects we in turn support.
You can donate to the truth and our work by entering any desired amount in the donation button below. (Donation Gifts are rewarded at $20 or more.
For Sending Gift Donations
Sharing Public Herald as a gift for friends, family, and loved ones is a unique and powerful way to show people you care. Here’s the basics for what we need to share your donation as a gift.
*Once the donation information is filled out it will open a confirmation page where you can send a direct message to Public Herald, please provide:
1) name of person(s) or organization
2) address (if necessary)
4) phone number
5) personal message (if needed)
6) instructions (if necessary)
***Anyone not using the internet for payments can send donations to the address below (and if you include a request for a lifetime membership or gift we’ll be sure to send it to the return address):
Attn: Public Herald
P.O. Box 488
Coudersport, PA 16915
A Note From the PH Editors
We’ve gone places no one else has even thought of going… Okay, maybe they thought about it… but we actually put our necks on the line and go there. Sometimes we tread in the crowd and sift through intimate details about ongoing reports to be sure everything is covered, but our ultimate goal is to be sure a moral truth is told.
We support truth and creativity as essential components of a healthy society, and our staff works diligently to promote both. Every dollar you can donate nurtures a place to collaborate on future investigations, where creative ideas link together global, regional, and local communities.
We will not publish your opinions just because you give us money. You cannot purchase us as your personal PR firm with a large contribution. You can, however, secure unbiased, nonpartisan, independent, and uncorrupted investigative reporting by supporting Public Herald.
Melissa Troutman, Managing Editor
Joshua Pribanic, Editor-in-Chief
*Your donation can:
Citizen Journalist Level:
- [please use the following link for this donation] $13 download your own digital file of Triple Divide.
- $20 and we’ll send you a DVD of our documentary film, Triple Divide.
- $30 is enough for Triple Divide, one lifetime membership to Public Herald and its perks.
- $60 you’ll receive a lifetime membership, a Triple Divide T-Shirt, and one copy of Triple Divide.
- $100 covers software, and keeps us online.
- $300 buys two days of file reviews for two reporters.
$1,000 to $9,999
- You can support:
- $1,000 funds a reporting intern for a month.
- $5,000 enables us to develop an interactive, multimedia project website to present an investigation in compelling ways.
Editorial Board Level:
$10,000 to $49,999
- $10,000 supports a new investigation by Public Herald.
- $25,000 pays for annual lawyer fees and insurance costs.
- $30,000 brings on a seasoned video producer for six months to turn PH investigations into video reports.
Truth + Creativity Level:
$50,000 and above
- Donations here will help foster our vision for truth + creativity:
- $50,000 develops a new website combining the arts with investigative reporting.
- $100,000 is enough for us to hire a team for a new investigation.
- $500,000 will support Public Herald’s complete operational goals for one year.
*Estimates based on 2011-2012 costs for PublicHerald.org reports and vision. Drafted in compliment to http://cironline.org/donate.